View Single Post
Old
08-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
On this day in Predators History - August 6th, 1997

On August 6th, 1997, Barry Trotz was named as the head coach for the expansion Nashville Predators.

Since that day, Trotz has coached in 902 NHL regular season games compiling a record of 411-371-60-38-22 (W-L-T-OTL-SOL) for a .522% winning percentage leading the team to the playoffs five of the last six seasons. On March 1st, 2003, Trotz coached his 392nd game with the Predators surpassing Predators color commentator Terry Crisp in the NHL record books for most games coached by a team's original coach since the NHL expanded in 1967.

During his tenure with the Predators, Trotz has been called upon three times by his native Canada to serve as an assistant coach for Team Canada during the IIHF World Championships in 2002, 2003, and 2009 where he has helped lead the team to a gold medal in 2003 and a silver medal in 2009.

Prior to joining the Predators, Trotz served for seven seasons as a development coach in the Washington organization where in his second season as head coach, he lead the Portland Pirates (AHL) to the 1994 Calder Cup Championship.

In addition to his coaching duties Trotz has gone out of his way to give back to the community:

Quote:
The popular head coach and his family are active in a variety of service and charitable initiatives in the Middle Tennessee community. This commitment was recognized when Trotz was honored with the Community Spirit Award (in recognition for community service) at the 2005 O’Charley’s Dinner of Champions, presented by the Nashville Sports Council. For the past several seasons, the Trotz’s have donated $500 to My Friend’s House (a United Way agency) for each Nashville victory. He is an active board member for the Williamson County YMCA and the United Way, and in 2004-05, Trotz coached Nashville high school student-athletes. He also works closely with Best Buddies of Tennessee, a nonprofit organization dedicated to establishing a global volunteer movement that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment and leadership development for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
http://predators.nhl.com/club/page.htm?bcid=tea_Trotz

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I couldn't imagine anyone else doing a better job leading this team since it's inception or leading it into the next phase in franchise history that I believe we are about to begin.

Congratulations Coach Trotz on this milestone and THANK YOU for all your hard work and dedication throughout the years!!!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote