View Single Post
Old
08-07-2010, 02:32 PM
BwayBshirt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Redden's ice time was cut as the season went along and he barely played against teams top or even second lines. When you play against teams checking units or energy lines the goals aren't exactly being given out, just another example of how the plus/minus stat is completely overrated and useless IMO.

In 2001-02 Malakhov was our only defensemen with a positive plus minus, Rich Pilon and Kloucek were tied for 2nd with -2 as second and Leetch was a -18, it has a lot to do with playing time and who you are playing against clearly.

Redden's +/- is garbage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Among NHL D that played at least 50 games, Staal faced the highest level of competition. Girardi ranked 17th, and Rozy ended up 75th. Redden was 110.

Torts was forced to put him in situations he'd have a chance to succeed, which is why he lead the Rangers' regular D in relative quality of teammates, and was 4th in relative quality of competition, with just MDZ and Gilroy, two rookies, behind him.

Even with Torts stacking the deck in his favor, Redden's play was league average at best, which is awful for a 33 vet D.

Forget contract, he's awful.

www.behindthenet.com, cool website, check it out.
Exactly on both accounts.

On a team that doesn't really push its Defense to get involved offensively (i.e. NJ for one example), I could see Redden playing on that 3rd pair. Hell, they have Mike Mottau in their group.

But, specifically for the Rangers right now, he's a waste. Nothing more, nothing less.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote