View Single Post
Old
08-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Blazephr

vCash: 500
everyone keeps bringing up MDZ's minus 20 like its a virus or something. I'm not sure if everyone remembers, but there was a stretch when Torts put MDZ and Girardi together. That pairing together was like oil and vinegar. Torts should have pulled the plug much sooner on them two. Both players plus/minus took a huge, huge beating during that stretch. Girardi was able to recover statistically due to being put back with Staal. MDZ however, was back with non-other than Blozsival.

Also, being a 19 year-old offensive defensemen paired up with the exact opposite of a stay at home d-man in Rosy. That doesn't help matters either. At this stage in the game, it would bode well for MDZ if he were paired up with a true stay at home d-man. sort of like what happened for Mat Carle, when Pronger and he were paired up together. Things really started happening for Carle offensively. Yeah, I know its Pronger. But its the idea of having a partner who can cover your butt in the same vein as Leetch and Beaukeboom. in 3 years down the road, i could absolutely see an awesome tandem in MDZ and McIlrath.

As for Redden, he's just a waste of space at this time. Playing bottom pair minutes against other bottom 6 lines. All the while, ruining Matt Gilroy's development.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote