View Single Post
Old
08-07-2010, 03:31 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblack View Post
I dont think that puts it in stone. The Morins and Bogosians are a recent examples, and the Lanes (one in Brampton, one at NTDP) are another. It helps, but I dont think its a lock.

The kid has a ton of work to do. If all goes well, he could be a Tyler Myers, or if not, a Devereaux Heshmatpour. Hes a late birth month. He may honor his 2 years at the NTDP, and see how he progresses. If it looks like he wont be a high end draft pick, I think the chances he goes to college are better. You have to think if a WHL team used a first on him, they must have gotten the feel there was at least some interest.
Is Matt Lane still going to the NTDP? He's no longer listed under Heisenberg's site (and neither is Silk for obvious reasons). I'd guess he'd Brampton got him to commit to playing with them this year.

I think your point on Jones is spot on. He's living off of a lot of hype from a lot of people that probably haven't seen him play. Pretty much everything I've read seems to be unanimous in praise for his raw abilities but we'll see how he does with the NTDP in his first year. He's in an NTDP class with a few other highly touted d-men though so we'll see where he's at pretty quickly.