View Single Post
Old
10-02-2003, 03:50 PM
future consideration

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor dyck
todd simpson is available on the waiver draft. He is affordable at 1.5 mill and would be a perfect 4-6 guy for the oilers. He is every bit the equal to gator and I cannot understand why he available on waivers. This situation is identical to when we aquired Staios.

I like jason smith but he may be ufa after this year. The upcomming cba is almost sure to lower the ufa age as a concession to allowing some sort of cost certainty. This is why it is so important to have smyth signed for a few years because he would also be ufa in the new cba.

If simpson is still there when we pick, could lowe move smith for prospects? The perfect situation could be toronto where ferguson would luv to establish his authority by getting a quinn cast off to return. They have some excellent dmen prospects and are desperate for another tough as nails top 4 dman.

If the oilers are going to lose smith as ufa after this year anyways, I think this could make sense.
Simpson is available cause he's a 6/7 defensman.

Smith can play on the top pair and play 20mins a game. Who is gonna pick up those mins? Cross? Simpson?, please. Edm's defense isn't very deep now without trading Smith.

I would be very interested in picking up Simpson though.