View Single Post
Old
08-08-2010, 04:57 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Lets get some thing straight right away. I am certainly not "lobbying" for this guy. I do, however, think that from strictly a performance standpoint, he would be a top 6 defenseman on this team when you look at the personnel thats currently available. Thats the issue that Brooks is bringing up, not so much his salary cap implications, etc (which is why people hate him and diminish his actual value to the team, by the way).

No, whats really unbelievable is how easy some people think it is to just peg in a name as a regular NHL defenseman. Its a difficult job, one that Pavel Valetenko and his likes are nowhere near ready for. If Redden was making 2 million dollars or less, this would be a non-issue
Redden's not worth $4.5 mil either. Not even close. Eminger is making $1.125 mil. That's about where Redden belongs. That's what you should pay an over the hill d-man who is on a major decline who offers no offense and doesn't hit and is bottom pairing at best. I have a couple questions for you since I answered yours. Redden has 4 more years. How do you contemplate them going? When if ever would you cut the cord? Are there no younger d you would ever trust to give a shot instead? and lastly if you had to choose between lopping Avery's $1.9 mil (keeping in mind that 30-40 points is at least somewhat consistent with those numbers) or Redden's $6.5 mil which would you choose?

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote