View Single Post
Old
08-09-2010, 01:22 AM
thehumanpanda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPac88 View Post
Cool, I'm not going to be very close to Seoul but it seems pretty easy to get around the country via train and bus.

Do you have any idea how accessible the players are? I'm going over to teach english but I'm actually a journalism major and I was hoping I could write some stories about the league and the players.
the players aren't celebs at all, you can probably just talk to them leaving the rink. Or just give the office a call or you could just set up some interviews.

Write some stories and put them up here lol

Where in Korea are you going to be? There's another team in Chunchun, Gangwon province. But that team is lower profile. Saw their games on SBS sports when they broadcast.

Also, two top Korean universities Yonsei and Korea have hockey teams that play each other every year. It's even lower in skill level than the pro league, but it is hockey.

I'm ethnic Korean so I've been back and forth to Korea many times, I do remember this full blown hockey equipment shop in Gangnam when I visited many years ago. I think it was Jim Paek's store. And I'm pretty sure it's shut down now.

thehumanpanda is offline   Reply With Quote