View Single Post
Old
08-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
No doubt, this a difficult question to answer and there are no right or wrong answers, but I think that can make for some good discussion...

There are two parts you have to consider when answering this question. First, who do you think will miss the cut for whatever reason and start the season in Milwaukee? Then, the second part of the question involves of that group, who do you think could have the biggest impact?
Let me throw some names out there for you to consider:

At forward: Nick Spaling, Cal O'Reilly, Andreas Thuresson, Blake Geoffrion, Matt Halischuk, Sergei Kostitsyn, Linus Klasen, Jamie Lundmark, a surprise candidate...

On defense: Jon Blum, Alex Sulzer, Roman Josi, Teemu Laakso, Brett Palin, someone out of the blue...

As for goalies, we have no clue who's going to backup Pekka. Rinne is the only one with a lock on a roster spot as far as I'm concerned. Does Lindback get the backup job out of camp? How about Dekanich? Maybe Pickard? Could Jeremy Smith shock the world and make the leap from ECHL to NHL in a single summer? Regardless of who starts, what if Pekka struggles or gets hurt, does someone else have to be recalled and gets a huge opportunity?

There are no right or wrong answers here and plenty of avenues in which way to take this discussion. I just wanted to throw some names out there to get things started...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote