View Single Post
Old
08-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Sureves

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
This is an overpayment. I agree.

Now, tell me why in gods holy hell do you believe that you will be getting Bobby Ryan at market value?
Jesus Christ, I thought that would be clear. Also, what do you think the cost of a guy like Ryan is? It's higher than Kessel last year, I'll tell you that. 2 high firsts (Kadri+Schenn) and a 2nd (Gunnarsson is worth maybe a low 1st). Now add in the fact that Anaheim can actually afford their player, their player is better, their player is more rounded, their player has no intention of leaving and they have no intention of trading him.

I love how the Kessel trade is praised as being great by many Leafs fans, despite the fact that Schenn, Kadri, and Gunnarsson wouldn't have gotten you the 2nd overall pick, not to mention the other 1st and 2nd given up in the Kessel trade... but trading that for Ryan is an atrocity. Makes no sense to me. I think it's like a little kid getting a pet. He only gets attached once he knows its name.

About as perfect of a post as there ever was.

FACT: Toronto fans say the Kessel trade was good
FACT: Seguin for Kadri, Schenn, Gunnarsson is at best fair value (probably not enough for Seguin though)
FACT: You also gave up a 31st overall pick, and next years first for Kessel

So how in the world is Kadri, Schenn, Gunnarsson not worth Ryan, who's better than Kessel?

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote