View Single Post
Old
04-13-2005, 09:51 PM
TomahawkSniper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens4Cup
It's true, the Sedins have gotten better each year, they've gone from not good, to not terrible.

Henrik Sedin went from 29 points in his first year, to 36, 39, 42 points in his next 3 years. Pretty good for a 2nd line center(sarcasm).

Daniel Sedin had a good year last year with 54 points but produced only 18 goals, and as many of you may know I think just about all these goals came in about 6 games(just kidding).

As well I think the Sedins were highly regarded by Brian Burke who was responsible for trading in order to draft them. I think Nonis will be less likely to keeping letting them develop while fellow '99 draft year players like Martin Havlat and Barret Jackman were Calder finalists, and winners respectively, with Havlat regarded as the best draftee of '99. Also the Sedins are about as soft as they come. Whenever the going gets rough the Sedins get going.

So to say that their part of the core I think will only work for a short while. After 4 NHL seasons, if a player is given top-6 minutes and produces at a checking line rate, something has to give.
Some players take longer to develop. Naslund took a while. The Sedins have a lot of skill and potential. Give them more time and they will produce more.