View Single Post
Old
08-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

vCash: 500
I play ACHA D3 and it might just be our league, but we get a good mix of players.

Just in our 8 team league, we have OHL draft picks, ontario provincial hockey league players, Jr. A players, AAA players, etc.

If they didn't play any kind of serious Jr hockey, they were a force in the local high school league. Like 70pts in 25 games.

It's a mix of the first group of players I mention, the outstanding HS players, and out of state players. (Upstate NY, Maryland, Michigan, etc)

The gap between NCAA players and ACHA players is commitment and dedication. Not necessarily skill. The players that could of played in the OHL wasn't because they weren't talented enough, it's because they didn't want to be in the gym and skate 6 days a week. They'd rather party all saturday night and go play on Sunday afternoon, which is what they do. Not all of them are like that. Some players had serious injuries, others weren't big enough. A player on my team was playing Jr A. hockey in New Hampshire on track to playing NCAA hockey. He had a pretty serious shoulder injury. The team sent him home and his NCAA hockey hopes were over. So he enrolled at our school and is playing ACHA D3 now.

Now of course theres a skill gap between NCAA D1 and D3 club, but it's not like the gap between A house league and D house league.

Last edited by Harv: 08-09-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Harv is online now   Reply With Quote