Old
08-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
General question about Guds... which do you think is the best for him:

To make the team out of camp, play, and basically have a rookie season like Kuli (rookie mistakes, growing pains, etc.)?

-or-

Send him back to Kingston with the thought that he just completely dominates down there, and make the team next season (when it should really count)?

I just wanted to see what some of you guys thought.
The thing is I think it's a good possibility Gud wouldn't be as good as Kuli was last season. The question coming into last year was would Kuli's defensive game be good enough? No questions about his offense. The question coming into this year is is Gud's offensive game good enough? No questions about his defense. Thing is it is easier to learn defense than offense. Kuli needed a bit of polishing in his own zone before he really got comfortable the 2nd half, but it didn't set him back at all. But if Gud goes straight to the NHL before his offensive game really develops, that part of his game could get stunted.

IMO I'd prefer to see Gud go back to Kingston, have a good offensive season, get big PP minutes, and show his wares at the WJC. Then when he comes into the NHL in a year he'd be more complete IMO. It's a better starting off point IMO. I like what Tallon has done. He has left it so Gud has a shot of making the team, but in order to do so he will have to have a spectacular camp.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote