View Single Post
Old
08-09-2010, 10:07 PM
ushvinder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
Good for you. The coaches and GM's of Stanley Cup-winning teams would be in strict disagreement however. Go ask Stan Bowman if he'd rather have Henrik Sedin than Jonathan Toews.

And yet who triumphed when they went to seven games with a berth in the SC Final on the line? I'd definitely dispute that they were better defensively as well.

Amongst your elementary school chums, I wouldn't have expected him to be.

Keep blowing that statistical smoke of yours. Most of the posters that have been in here for several years (as in, you) have come to appreciate the non-offensive aspects of the game, if they didn't already. I guess there's always late bloomers...
Henrik Sedin is hardly a one dimensional cherry picker, that's okay I dont think Vancouver will be trading him for Toews anytime soon. I mean Jonathan Toews defense is so great, that it overcomes the fact that Sedin put up 44 more points right?

I don't need to use stats, Modano was just good defensively. He was never on the level of fedorov, clarke, trottier or zetterberg when it comes to shuttig down opponents. Modano was basically an 80 point player with good defense. What happened when ken hitchkock left dallas, Modano's 2 way game seemed to disappear didn't it? He was no where near a selke caliber player from 2006-2009, and that's why the stars dont want him anymore, while the ducks still see use in Selanne.

Hell in 2000, which is supposed to be Modano at his absolute peak, Oates finished ahead of him in selke voting.

ushvinder is offline   Reply With Quote