Old
08-10-2010, 12:22 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?

vCash: 27750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Casey 91 View Post
I've liked most the designs on here so far. The pdf I did was a little busy, but how about the first Stars logo (without the small Dallas script over it) when Minnesota brought it in around 92. Then add the recent bold DALLAS script above it. I really like the tradition of the original Stars logo, but really thought the DALLAS logo is sharp too. Not that anything needs to be done to any of the logos, but I'm sure it could be combined and adjusted to look good.
I think you're trying too hard to force disparate elements together. There's really nothing traditional or noteworthy about the original Star-shape logo. It was used for a couple of years and then replaced by a superior version. Jamming together 2 different kinds of fonts (the rounded ST/\RS text and the sharp angles of the DALLAS text) into one mark is bad design.

And trying to make a "D" version of the North Stars' mark has been attempted many times by many people and never comes out right. The letter just wasn't meant to work that way. It will always pale in comparison to that which it emulates.