Thread: News Article: Pronger's contract investigated
View Single Post
Old
08-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Hollywood Couturier

vCash: 500
http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/blog?..._ej&id=5451297

Quote:
t was right there for anyone with a magnifying glass. Simply, the arbitrator tells all that the league continues to investigate similarly structured deals signed by Hossa, Roberto Luongo, Chris Pronger and Marc Savard. In the footnote, Bloch references the NHL's continuing investigation of those contracts, saying the league does so with "at least the possibility of a subsequent withdrawal of the registration."

That's interesting; in the NHL, apparently, just because you register a contract doesn't mean the league can't unregister that same contract. That's good to know.

On Monday evening, a high-ranking NHL official confirmed that the league is indeed continuing to investigate those four contracts. To what end, it's hard to know. Would the league really pull its approval of a previously registered deal? I doubt it, but at least for now, that remains a possibility -- albeit a remote one. After all, the league would have to undertake a similar process with each player in front of different arbitrators.
I know it's a insider article but figured i'd post that part at least.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote