View Single Post
Old
08-10-2010, 08:00 PM
FreeAgentFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I just remember the stories from when he first came over to the OHL about how everybody just loved his personality, billets, people around the team as well as on it, everybody marvelling at what a jovial and good guy he seemed to be. It's kind of weird how things went so far off the rails in Montreal. It's hard to know what to believe. But one thing's for sure, the people who immediately take the extreme view against SK don't have any credibility to me. They are basing it on what? A mob reaction, basically. None of us actually know him or have been around him.

Good player, though, no doubt about that. If he gets the time and the linemates, and a bit of leeway, he WILL produce. I'm just not sure how to reconcile that with Trotz, though. Leeway is not in huge supply... ?
Great points.

I think there is something to be said for all the off-ice drama SK was a part of (deservedly or not) in Montreal. These guys don't live in a bubble. When your name is linked to organized crime in the hockey-est city on the planet (with apologies to Toronto), it's going to weigh on you. On a similar note, NHL players are rock stars/Hollywood A-listers in Montreal. There's plenty of room for distractions. (I call it the New York Rangers syndrome.) SK will have far fewer of those in Nashville, and it could help his game.

19G-36A-55PTS

FreeAgentFan is offline   Reply With Quote