08-10-2010, 11:21 PM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
Brown with a 4 RBI night.
He was up and down. Mostly down in the field really, up at the plate. He had the stupid mistake where he misjudged the line drive to the track and couldn't get back to it, was throwing with a little too much on it and overran one. Sac fly, homer, and double were good, just want to see that kind of production in a close game, too, but really a decent night for the rookie.

Otherwise, tonight was a waste of my time. I went and watched Kendrick absolutely blow. He was all over the place, and I knew very early on this outing would be brief. Hell of a spot to throw in Bastardo, but as before he still couldn't throw strikes when he needed to. Herndon looked good the first inning he went out there, but he's never been able to go out for multiple innings with us and was surprised Charlie did that. I understand you want the guy to eat some innings up, but narrow the gap, start taking the game seriously.

I don't normally leave games early, even when we're getting killed, but there was some half-assed efforts out there with fielding mistakes and terrible pitching, and I couldn't stand to wait around after Brown's HR.