View Single Post
Old
08-11-2010, 08:15 AM
Wease

vCash: 500
My Custom Pants, Need Help...

I'm all about light weight equipment in Adult League / Drop In. My current pants are some Mission pants, I literally took them from someone throwing them out. The grommets were worn out and the inner pads were coming out. I saw that as an opportunity to make some nice, light weight pants. I pulled those inner pads out (mostly the hip and kidney pads) and then tied some suspenders to the holes where the grommets used to be. So now I've got pants that are kind of like a shell, with just the thigh pads being the only major protection remaining. Very light weight and they look like legit pants.

However...

I've lost so much weight now that these pants (XL's) just don't fit anymore. They hang down too low. So I need to make some new ones. My question is: Can I do this with most any pants? Take a used pair and remove those inner pads? I really like how my current ones fit and work for me, so I'd love to do the same thing with just a smaller pair, however I might not be able to find the same Mission pants...

Wease is offline   Reply With Quote