Thread: Rumor: Tinordi to play in London
View Single Post
Old
08-11-2010, 08:44 AM
shootscores

vCash: 500
As far as the question about whether this is the order in which the defense should play out, this is how I see it but I still think D'Orazio may be dealt. If not, Mike probably is in the top 4. Tinordi is definitely in the top 2 pairings, it just depends what they need in each pairing. Harrington is a star 2nd year player who is amazing on both ends of the ice. The size of this defense is enormous which is unusual for a London team. Jared will get 20+ minutes per game, every game. He will definitely be one of our shut down defensemen and PK pairing. As for the PP, I am not sure who will get that job but he will be given his chances.
As far as Jared being better off in NCAA or OHL, that is the argument of the century. This is what I think is the reasoning behind his decision.
#1 Montreal wants him to play there
#2 He will get big time all purpose minutes in London
#3 He won't be playing behind other defensemen in London as he would in NCAA. London's defense is very young.
#4 Huge difference in the number of games played per year
#5 Playing in front of huge crowds every game 10,000 vs. 200
#6 Coaching - Hunter prospects do well in the NHL - great track record
#7 Coaching part 2 - Hunter played with Jared's dad and are great friends
#8 London has a great training facility, trainers and medical staff so the argument of more off ice training in NCAA is marginal in my mind
#9 More exposure playing in London, games televised, interviews, many scouts every game
#10 Competition is so strong in the OHL with Windsor, Kitchener etc. always recruiting and icing the best possible teams every year.
#11 Playing against a lot of the top drafted and or ranked players from Canada, USA, and Import players from Russia, etc.
#12 This way Jared can go to training camp this year. This could be the number 1 reason he comes. This is where I think NCAA is losing miserably with keeping recruits. This rule of eligibility if you report to camp is stupid. Just the exposure to the NHL experience, playing along side top end NHL players, coaches, and trainers,to these players is an enormous benefit. They return to their Junior team and know what to work on as far as skills, strength, dietary, or what ever which will help them make the jump.
#13 Fighting and NHL style gritty play. NCAA has no fighting and to be ready for the NHL game today wearing that cage and not having to worry about anybody taking your head off after every big hit which he is known for. Dale and Mark Hunter will teach him all he needs to know about that part of the game.
#14 Defense coach Beauliou is a very good coach. He is a good teacher and has helped develop a number of players like Harrington, Carllson of Washington,Syvret, etc.
#15 Education - he probably would not have finished his education at the NCAA and London has very good post-secondary schools (UWO, U of W) and I am sure he won't be paying for it.

Scott Harrington - 2nd year
Jared Tinordi - 1st year
Jake Worrad - 1st full year
Reid McNeill - was a walk-on last year
Mike D'Orazio - over-ager this year - I still think he could be dealt
Troy Donnay - huge - traded for him to bring younger brother
Tommy Hughes - don't know anything about him
Kevin Raine - young - on cusp of making team
Dakota Mermis - highly rated draft pick this year
Cody Donnay - also highly rated draft pick this year

Last edited by shootscores: 08-11-2010 at 08:56 AM.
shootscores is offline   Reply With Quote