View Single Post
Old
08-11-2010, 10:07 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I think Gauthier or the organization deserves some credit here. Avtsin coming to NA, though it looked like he was going to stay in Russia. Leblanc playing for the Juniors though it looked like he was going to stay with Harvard and now Tinordi playing for the nights.

Though we don't really know if Gauthier/the organization did anything to convince them, but it looks like we've been a lot more active with Gauthier.
I think Avtsin's team folding helped matters a bit, plus he did seem eager to want to come over, since he actually showed up for events over here. either way, good on PG to get him inked.

Leblanc I wasn't surprised to see go the Juniors based off what they gave up to get him, unless they just rolled the dice, that's a lot to give up for someone if they had no thought of going to the Q.

Tinordi I thought he would go to London because of how bad the Hunters seemed to be after him and I know that Gainey is close friends with Mark Hunter from their playing days as I had heard it was Gainey that convinced the Hunters to pick Kostitsyn in the import draft.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote