Thread: Rumor: Tinordi to play in London
View Single Post
Old
08-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Habs have to be pleased with this, I think. Maybe ever so slightly cautious based on the Kostitsyn example. Tinordi seems like a CHL-style player, and I think his hoped-for development curve has to fit better in the CHL. We drafted him to be big and tough and snarly, and while it's not impossible to develop that part of his game in the NCAA too (there are always examples, Greene and others), it seems like an easier path in the CHL.

And for all that the Hunter style game can have some unwanted side effects from time to time, the main thing is that they play the heck out of their key guys, and if Tinordi has it in him to be the player we hope he is, then he could be in a spot to get 25 minutes, and if his skills allow it, he can get exposure to powerplay time and play with skill players, perhaps to greater degree than the slow break-in process of playing on a top NCAA team.

CHL vs. NCAA isn't automatically a CHL-win in every case for me, but in the specifics of Tinordi-to-London, it's an easy win, I say.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote