View Single Post
Old
08-11-2010, 01:27 PM
goalscorer

vCash: 500
Power Play.

I've read many good points so far. My favorite so far is that you can theoretically control how many times you go on the PK. If guys keep their heads then for the most part that is true. Does the PK need to improve, yes. I think the competition in camp along with our depth this season will squash that problem fairly quickly. We have alot of solid two-way guys and alot more speed this season. Both will help.

I think the improvement needs to come on the PP. Going on the powerplay last year was essantially no more than two minutes of the other team not scoring (and that didn't always work out). PPs are suppost to give you confidence that your team has opportunity to take the lead, tie the game or climb out of the hole. Our guys stood around, forced passes that weren't there and lost battles for the puck. Our new faces should help fix this to a degree. A consistent PP will take this team deep into the playoffs. With the two way depth, Weber and Suter fronting the blueline and Rinne as the #1 our defense will be fine. We need the offense to match.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote