Old
08-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
I agree completely. If the ******* had chosen to fight the ticket in court, the police wouldn't have had a leg to stand on. There was nothing to prove exactly how fast he was going.

I'm not sorry that the ******* has lost his licence for 6 months though - if he was going anywhere close to 140km in a residential neighbourhood, it's damn lucky that a kid didn't dart out onto the road when the ******* was driving at that rate of speed.
i just found a news report on this. there's a damned good chance that this guy wasn't just being an internet tough guy, and so he gets what he deserves in this case.

the legal precedent is pretty terrible, however. "someone says **** on internet--PROSECUTE"

edit: apparently he had driven past one of the forum members on the street he sped on, who posted this:

“If I ever see you speeding down the neighbourhood again, the cops are going to be the least of your worries!!!”

why isn't that guy getting prosecuted for making threats? if the speeding claim counts, why doesnt this?

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 08-11-2010 at 02:54 PM.