View Single Post
Old
08-11-2010, 05:39 PM
gary69

vCash: 500
Nice to see the new L1 list, haven't really seen enough of half the players on it.

I too have a couple of questions, mostly regarding players not making your list and how would you rate them.

First, Yacine Brahimi, I think he turned down representing Algeria, so he must fancy his chances for a France call-up in the future. From what I have seen, he is good offensively, how would you rate him compared to players you listed.

Secondly, what's your opinion of some goalies, who have represented France at youth level. I see you put Ospina there, and I agree his probably the best younger keeper in the league.

But do you see enough upside in Yohann Thuram and Anthony Mfa Mezui to one day become a borderline international keeper or at least a starter in the league? And what about Giorgi Makaridze, seems to have enough of physical ability, and he already has 5 caps for Georgia aged 20, which isn't too much for a keeper to maybe progress quite a bit still.

And lastly, Nigeria's Ideye Brown, who was a late addition to their WC squad (but didn't play). He qualifies by his age (1988 born) and maybe hasn't too much potential left, and wasn't a huge hit in Sochaux for the sizeable transfer fee they paid for, but he scored quite a bit in Switzerland. Maybe he could do better this season after getting acclimatized. Where would you rate him?

gary69 is offline   Reply With Quote