Old
08-11-2010, 08:54 PM
sikosmurf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdhillon View Post
i broke my left ankle tibia whatever
2 years ago
the best thing to move it alot and do physio like calf raises with really light weight.
Also swimming will help because it not hard on your joints
I did this exact thing last year. Quite honestly, the cast is going to do more damage to your leg than the actual break. Depending on how old you are, your bones will heal pretty well. It's all the atrophy and destruction of muscle tissue from not using it and swelling that's the real killer. Like the man said, calf raises will help. If you have insurance that will cover PT, try and do some of that once the cast is off. If not, ask the doctor for an exercise routine to get you better.

I'm not sure what kind of doctor you went to or what area you're in, but if at all possible, find an orthopedic group that specializes in sports medicine. They can usually give good information on healing.

Outside of healing advice, I'll give a few more tips. Showering sucks. Go to walmart and buy an all metal folding chair to use for the shower. Shouldn't pay more than $15, **** those fancy "shower seats". As for covering the leg, call around to medical supplies stores and get this thing that is like a rubber boot that fits over a cast (both half leg and full leg) then it pumps the air out to make it air tight. Put a little layer of toilet paper around the top of the cast to catch any stray leaks.

Good luck buddy, it's going to be a tough road.

sikosmurf is offline   Reply With Quote