View Single Post
Old
08-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Fataldogg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Not really true, although I still think the inclusion of Staal is overpayment on our part.
I don't think Gaborik is at Malkin's level either, that being said, I think the difference between Gaborik and Malkin doesn't justify the difference between Lundqvist and Fleury (which I think is a substantially larger gap) and the acquisition of Staal yet, from what I read, some Penguin fans didn't even think that was in the ball park to get Malkin.

I think it would be a terrible deal for the Rangers and a fantastic one for Penguins.

Imagine adding Staal, to an already solid defensive core, putting Henrik Lundqvist between the pipes for 70+ games, and having Crosby center for Gaborik That would be a Presidents Trophy team candidate every season. Crosby playing with Gaborik? Wow. Crosby would be putting up 120 - 140 points on a routine basis and Gaborik would be posting close to 60-goals on a routine basis. The best play maker in the NHL with one of the best pure snipers in the game today spells trouble. Crosby would be so much better if he didn't have to play with the likes of Dupuis or Geurin and Gaborik would be so much better if he didn't play with Christiensen or Prospal (despite meshing well with both).

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote