View Single Post
Old
08-12-2010, 06:15 AM
msv957

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianJagr View Post
Even if he was drafted by the Rangers, I don't think many people expected he would come in and immediately contribute to the Rangers. He would spend at least 1 year in the AHL, and IMO playing where he is at is best for his development.

In the interest of not rushing prospects, I would have liked to see him with 2 years more development before he made the Rangers. IIRC, he had this year left on his contract, so if he extends it another year, that is right on par with how he would have been developed anyway, except in the KHL rather then the AHL.

Did you guys really expect if we drafted Tarasenko he would immediatly impact the Rangers? He is good, but not ready.

This news should really only make the Rangers breathe a sigh of relief if the extension is longer then 1 year.
Good point... Tarasenko is probably 2-3 years away from playing in the NHL... So, this possible KHL deal for a few years would really not be a big deal... No?

Kind of similar to Mcilrath as Mcilrath is probably 3 years or so away from playing in the NHL if he develops so I don't think the issue with Tarasenko really matters.

Anyway.. both players seem to be good prospects.. it will be interesting to see how things play out in the next few years.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote