Thread: Jeff Carter
View Single Post
Old
04-15-2005, 01:29 AM
FlyersFan10*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
yeah i know. too many people wanted to buy into the hype that he was the next Nik Lidstrom. Let him become the next Pitkanen. i hate it when they compare a prospect to a current star in the NHL. Just like people say Mike Richards is the next Doug Gilmour. jesus let the kid come to the NHL and develop his game and see what kind of player he is. I really hate the comparison deal.
Hey, I don't think there's anything wrong with comparing the potential of a player. I realize Mike Richards isn't Doug Gilmour and yeah, I've said that Mike Richards reminds me a lot of Doug Gilmour. I don't think it's a big deal that I've said that. I'm also not the only one who has said Mike Richards reminds them a lot of Doug Gilmour. I know Bob Clarke said that about Richards at the WJC.

I don't know about anyone else, when I compare, it's simply about what their style of play is like. You want the honest truth, I'll say it. Mike Richards plays a style that is very similar to Doug Gilmour's. I'll also go on the record and say that Mike Richards was probably a big Doug Gilmour hence the style of play being so similar. I don't think it's a bad thing that he patterned his play after Gilmour and it's a safe bet that Richards will have a good career ahead of him.