View Single Post
Old
08-13-2010, 09:51 AM
jepjepjoo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Outsider View Post
If you want to be fair and objective you need to look at Selanne's entire career. You can't just exclude his bad years because he's obviously one of your favourite players.

I looked at Selanne's entire career. I've argued that Selanne had the better career overall, but it's close because Modano was a bit better pre-lockout while Selanne was clearly better post-lockout.

No, you misunderstood. I've argued that, from 1993 to 2004, Modano's significant advantages in defensive play and playoff performances -- which nobody here has even debated -- more than offsets Selanne's small advantage in scoring (5 points per year).

No, you misunderstood. I've argued that, from 1993 to 2004, Modano's significant advantages in defensive play and playoff performances -- which nobody here has even debated -- more than offsets Selanne's small advantage in scoring (5 points per year).
Somehow you still dont understand... I dont really know what else to do, but repeat: including 01-04 makes their scoring in 92-01 look alot closer than it really was.

Quote:
Lehtinen is one of the greatest defensive forwards of all-time. Is it a bad thing that Modano learned from one of the best?
No, I´m saying that one of the best defensive forwards of all-time made him look alot better defensively and gave him more liberties.

jepjepjoo is offline   Reply With Quote