View Single Post
Old
08-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Shadowtron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Andolini View Post
I don't doubt SBOB's claim. It was an opinion at the time that Torts could get more out of the team and of course it can be and has been argued (many many times) that Torts did get more out of that team. My issue is the constant need to bring it up at every opportunity. I just don't understand what the purpose is. Anyone with half a brain can see that neither the 08-09 or 09-10 Rangers were going anywhere.

The constant need to compare Renney to Torts is natural. I get that. My issue is with the attempt to hold Torts to an impossible standard because some people on a message board had delusional expectations.
Well, you're operating with a bit of hindsight here too. Higgins, Kots, Drury were all 20+ goal scorers, and Dubi and Cally were expected to have breakout years. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone expecting Higgins to score less than 10 goals. And only a few here saw Kots for the dog he eventually showed himself to be. Drury had an amazingly bad year, and Cally/Dubi never really got going until mid-way. Also, there were many here who felt (and still do feel) that, on paper, last year's team was better than the previous year.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote