View Single Post
Old
08-13-2010, 11:56 AM
TheGreat28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Like the idea of Briere/Giroux together but do not exactly like JvR with them right now. He is too inexperienced defensively playing with Briere on the other wing, maybe switch JvR and Leino?

JvR/Richards/Zherdev
Leino/Giroux/Briere
Hartnell/Carter/Carcillo
The only issue with this is that Lappy is basically on record as saying Briere has earned the right to start the season at center. He didn't necessarily say he'd keep the line together though. I'm personally torn as to whether it is better to break it up (I think Hartnell and Leino are the two best forwards for digging the puck out of corners) or keep it together.

Also, Panotch has Carter as a winger on Richards line. I'm not sure that this is true though. I think they'll give him a shot at C bc of his obvious discomfort at wing.

As much as I don't think Carcillo is a top-9 on this team, since there is no other option I'm thinking they try these:

JVR - Carter - Giroux
Hartnell - Briere - Leino
Carcillo - Richards - Zherdev

Personally, I would consider breaking up the Briere line and going with these.

Hartnell - Carter - Giroux
JVR - Briere - Leino
Carcillo - Richards - Zherdev

My thinking is that Hartnell played with Carter on CC line in Carter's best season, so they have chemistry. Giroux can set up Carter's wicked wrister and Scotty can bang in the rebounds.

JVR has size but not the strength (yet), but Leino can control the puck in the corners and feed it out to Briere, who also has a wicked shot. JVR can then use his size in front of the net.

Zherdev and Richards both can make plays, and Carcillo can agitate, hopefully knock in some pucks, and keep plays alive.

TheGreat28 is offline   Reply With Quote