View Single Post
Old
08-13-2010, 12:36 PM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Does it mean NYR fans like Trots better than Tom?
I'd say it's pretty split. And then you've got people who don't like either, or liked both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtranova View Post
Though he's kind of controversial I like his style. I bet none opened their mouth after the flying start we got last season though. Critics come in bad times, and despite a sad ending to last year and compared to the roster we had. It was NOT that bad imo. Henke can't win them all and Gabby can't pull the pointwagon alone...
I see you've only been a member sine this April, but if you were around when Renney was fired and Torts took over I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be saying that.

There were plenty of people who thought Renney got a raw deal and I'm one of them. I don't give Torts any credit for getting that team to the playoffs. There was nothing on Renney's resume that said he wouldn't have done the same thing considering the runs his teams went on to end the season.

Criticism comes when your team is not that good, and you turn yourself into a lightning rod for controversy as a coach. Not to mention when you fail to reach the level of the guy you replaced.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote