View Single Post
Old
08-14-2010, 04:05 PM
thedonger

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
I havent used an easton stick since the Synergy si core because they became way to expensive compared to their competitors, but I use a few easton blades on bauer shafts, and their wear and tear, as well as performance has been terrific.

I would guess that Easton has a higher hockey budget than any other hockey company and therefore can afford more sponsorships. The bread and butter of Easton is hockey. Other companies like RBK/CCM have more money invested in other sports and less to spend on hockey sponsorships, and other strictly hockey companies like Warrior and Bauer, have a lesser overall budget than Easton. As a result, Easton has more player sponsorships than any other company. I am sure that a significant portion of Eastons are painted sticks of other brands too, those are all over the NHL.
i'm pretty sure it's been noted that easton's hockey dept. has been struggling as of late...especially with bauer taking a strong yearly chunk out of easton's stronghold on pro stick usage. it also doesn't help that their new top tier skate
(eq5) to be released this past year had to be cancelled(at least for worldwide distribution) due to manufacturing issues.
bauer, i believe it's been noted by many sources, has the highest budget in hockey.

you realize that hockey is not easton's top priority as a company right?
well before they got into hockey, they were THE name in aluminum baseball bats and baseball equipment...until louisville slugger came along.
also, they were manufacturing arrows before they ever got into hockey. they also make hiking and skiing equipment...also not to mention the fact that technically it's easton/bell sports, so they also make helmets and cycling equipment as well as a few other things i'm probably missing.

thedonger is offline   Reply With Quote