08-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Not based on what you're saying.

Basically you're either picking on Pronger just because it's Pronger or because it's the Flyers, or you're saying that all NHL frontloaded and backloaded contracts are inherently some form of circumvention and thus should be thrown out.

If you're not admitting to either of those charges right now, you're a hypocrite.

Well, that or you have no idea what you're saying, which I'm willing to guess is the right answer.

The level of cluelessness pouring off you and into the Flyers' forum is actually kind of sickening. I recommend you just drop the subject.
How is anything I am saying hypocritical? I feel that the contracts that dip into these miniscule amounts at the end to artificially lower the cap hit are against the spirit of the cap. Just because some contracts are frontloaded a bit doesn't make them remotely in the same category. I have an issue with every single one of those long term contracts.

The Rangers have never given one out and our GM has actually been very outspoken against them.

What you clearly aren't getting is that the problem people have with all of these questionable deals is that the players will not play those years. They are just there to cut money off of the cap number. There is a massive, massive difference when a player will be playing to the end of his current contract compared with players who will never play to the end of their contracts. Keep trying and spin it any way you want, but the facts are right there in front of you with the arbitration ruling against Kovalchuk. There's a reason why only certain contracts are under investigation and not "80%" of the contracts in the league.

Can you really not see the difference here?

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote