Old
08-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
1) It's a very realistic thing that Pronger plays till he's 42. 42 or 43 is a common retirement age and d-men usually last longer then forwards.

2) What does it matter if Pronger retires at the end of the contract? He's still getting payed and we're still on the hook for his cap hit either way.
It really doesn't matter, which is why this whole thing is so ****ing stupid.

The Flyers get hurt either way this ends (more-so if the contract actually stands).

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Good question. I'm not sure if there is a separate set of buyout rules regarding 35+ contracts. That would be a good question to pose to one of the cap-guys over in the business section.
I don't believe there is and the contract counts fully. I think kbd posted this a while back. I'm not totally sure, but fairly sure.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote