View Single Post
Old
08-16-2010, 08:31 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
IF Price chokes and Eller does not put up Calder like numbers it's going to be a long and painful year for us hab fans me think

Price is a number 1 -- just not so convinced that it will be with the Habs. He simply is not built for Montreal. Hope I'm wrong but I'm smelling disaster.

He won't get shipped either, so his confidence will likely suffer with each passing game. He'll get less starts after christmas.

Auld will get more starts but not in hope of locking down a playoff spot but for the sake of protecting Price...

All this said, if Eller proves to be a top 6 center than we can look forward to a better future by having the most expensive 3rd liner in NHL history in Gomez. But I'm not expecting a Calder-like drive for Eller this year...

Markov is also a huge question mark -- I'm not expecting him to look any quicker than last year (where he looked noticeably slower).
Oh how the mighty have fallen.

We had so much hope in our rookies, and we added another promising one, but we still have doubts. I'm worried, just like you are, about our crucial players not performing the way they should be, but we're getting worried because everything keeps being over-analyzed. The Montreal media, the online bloggers, everyone keeps saying that everything depends on price, they keep bringing him up and making it seem as if we're gonna be totally screwed when hits a few bumps. I'm not expecting the world, but we need to have some optimism!!

Stjonnypopo is online now   Reply With Quote