View Single Post
Old
08-16-2010, 09:14 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

vCash: 500
Overall I like the roster when compared to recent years.

Forwards: the Habs are strong at the center position. Good experience with two way ability mixed in with some youth at the bottom. Chicago seemingly built their team around strength down the middle. The wingers I can't get as excited about unless a couple of players display their skillsets with some more consistency. Overall though I like the forwards.

Defence: another nice blend of veteran experience with some youth. My main concern here is once again Markov - how much time will he miss and how effective will he be once back? While he's missing I'm hoping the minutes are not so one sided that the Habs wear out a couple of players in particular. Some others need to step up from the get go instead of waiting for the playoffs. Subban will hopefully take the place of Bergeron and a lot more - offensively I'm not concerned but defensively there could be some question marks.

Penalty killing: the Habs have some good ones up front and on the blueline. I'm excited about Pyatt - he just seemed to make some key, subtle plays and his speed is deceiving IMO.

Powerplay: somewhat of a concern with Markov missing and the big, booming shot missing. The Habs have some guys who can shoot but don't seem willing (Hamrlik) or can't hit the net (Spacek). Subban's effectiveness is unknown.

Goalie: Price's performance doesn't concern me too much as I thought he was stellar in a lot of his starts. And he can't possibly have the same luck.

Coaching: a year of experience with the same roster could go a long way. Coach(es) tended to lean on the same players too much and it cost some playoff performances.

I'm an optimist though. I like the roster but things will change due to injury and players either exceeding expectations or underperforming. So here we go again.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote