View Single Post
Old
08-16-2010, 01:34 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
For all DL's fiscal conservatism, I haven't seen alot of accomplishments, and one 6-game playoff run does not a contender make. I look at what he's said, that by year five we would be a perennial playoff contender and I dont see that either. The only team that seems to have had real cap problems so far just won the cup, and if you are telling me you wouldnt give what they gave to get the cup because you 'd rather have several chances to win rather than actually winning one, well I don't know how to respond to that other than with a shake of my head. One in the hand over two in the bush (excepting sex of course).

As for Chicago getting lucky, of course they did, as does every Stanley Cup winner. It takes nothing away from their Cup. Oh I forgot, maybe they will have it stripped from them because they played with a player with a questionable (under investigation) contract. Doubtful!

And we lost the cup because some dumb defenseman didn't put away his overly curved stick. Point is Chaicago has won a cup in reent history and we haven't and it doesn't look like year five is going to make us perennial contenders either.

For all that brain power at work over at TSC and Staples, why we aren't closer when DL said we would be is a valid question. And to hold someone to their own promises, comments and analysis is the best type of accountability there is, and after all DL is real big on accountability.

Let me know when Cap Space scores his first Hat trick or Playoff goal.
Haven't seen any accomplishments? By all accounts the team made the playoffs a year ahead of schedule according to most reasonable people.

Yes, I would rather have multiple kicks at the can than have one and get lucky. I think that is a better way to go. Hindsight is 20-20 and I can assure you they would be singing a different tune in Chicago today had they been up against M.A. Fleury instead of whatever that was the Flyers were sending out there.

I don't see anyone here that isn't holding Lombardi accountable. Year 4 arrived ahead of schedule in playoffs. Year 5 if they make the playoffs again is two years in a row. I do see someone that refuses to give credit where credit is due.

BTW, if the Kings actually do get younger this season you should expect some inconsistency, but the "team" will be better for it in the long run. I know you won't be able to see that though, so I thought I would point it out to you.