View Single Post
Old
08-16-2010, 05:11 PM
DubiDubiDoo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I don't really see what money has to do with it. 70+ games for Hank is probably too much, plain and simple. He can handle it, but he's a liability in several of those games because he's exhausted. If you have a good backup, which Biron is, you use him. Biron is up there with the best in the league. He's more of a starting goalie than a backup. I trust him much more than Valiquette
I agree 70+ would be too many, I'm hoping for 65-68. I also agree that I trust Biron more than Valiquette, but thats where our dfense comes in. If they are playing well I have no problem with Biron starting 20, but if the D is suspect I have to stand by what I said, and hope he only gets 12-15. Hank creates ties and wins out of games that should be losses. As much as I respect Biron, he's not on Hanks level and we cannot afford to sacrifice any points.
I think the money does have to come into play. 20 games is 25% of the season. If Biron is going to play more than 20 games, thats not putting out our best chance to win 1 in every 4 nights. If your a goalie making 7 million dollars I think from the goalies perspective as well as managements, your backup cant be carrying 25% of the load. Hank is our biggest difference maker and I think his production and contract dictate a certain level of expectation in performance and games played. Thats just my opinion though.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote