Thread: Confirmed with Link: Arron Asham signs with Pittsburgh - 8/20
View Single Post
Old
08-16-2010, 11:29 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
FWIW, I just noticed that the source is the same, both website and blogger, as the one I cited in starting the thread... as is the teams involved. It must be noted however that a couple weeks back the signing was reported to be close, with Arron still preferring the Flyers. I assume people questioned him following up his earlier report that he was about ready to sign in Vancouver and that the Bolts also were after him... and why had he not signed... To see him still unsigned and still hopeful Homer will work things out is to me encouraging.

Eklund, IIRC, had mentioned that Asham may go to some Camp or another as a tryout to work his way on a roster... I find that hard to believe that he would have to do so given his assumed reasonable contract demands and his talent and team-oriented manner of thinking and play. Earlier in the off-season Eklund had Asham listed in or near the top dozen of free agent available... All this indicates to me that the report of his awaiting the Flyers may be based on solid ground.

That said, the bad side of it is the fact that it is the same source and the situation has not changed... other than he didn't sign a couple weeks ago as was thought.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote