View Single Post
Old
08-17-2010, 10:54 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
I think Hamhuis will be very missed. I doubt Sk comes through the way we are all hoping, although it would be nice.

I just mean offense was a huge problem, so what did the offseason do? lose of Arnott and brought in a few guys who have never done more in the NHL than Santorelli or Scatchard for that matter (SK, Andersson) and Lombardi (who is far inferior offensively than Arnott).

I just dont get it. Why doesnt Poile upgrade offense rather than degrade??
Arnott is 35, had his worst year since his early career last season, makes 1 million more than Lombardi, was reportedly disinterested in being captain and not all that popular among his teammates. He typically missed games due to at least one concussion a year, and was a complete defensive liability.

Lombardi outperformed him last year, is 7 years younger, a million dollars cheaper, already has a good rapport with Trotz and Weber, CHOSE us over teams offering more money, and can play in all situations.

How is that a hard one to figure out?

As for Hamhuis, answer me this: is he worth 4.5 million a year for the next 5 years? Really think about that, and remember that we went a span last season where he was on the ice for EVERY GOAL over a 3 game span. Will we see a difference on the back end? Maybe, but I'm confident enough in the committee of Parent, Franson, Klein, Bouillon, and then Blum, Josi, Laakso and Sulzer to get it done.

You rip SK and JA in any thread you can, particularly SK. Do you have any basis for this? According to MTL fans, he looked like a top six forward when given the chance to be one. He'll get that chance with us, unlike whatever dysfunctional system he was playing under in with the Habs.

You've made asinine comments in the past about how you wish the Predators could move to Canada so that your favorite team could spend more money on "star" players...why don't you just skip a step, change your user name to kloudy_kessel or balmy_bozak or something of that nature, and be a Leafs fan? You don't think their team wouldn't love to swap their system for ours, even if it meant that they didn't go out and blow money on the Jeff Fingers or Jason Blakes of the world?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote