View Single Post
Old
08-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Fataldogg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I don't really see what money has to do with it. 70+ games for Hank is probably too much, plain and simple. He can handle it, but he's a liability in several of those games because he's exhausted. If you have a good backup, which Biron is, you use him. Biron is up there with the best in the league. He's more of a starting goalie than a backup. I trust him much more than Valiquette
Lundqvist has handled the work load fine. Conditioning isn't a problem with Henrik. He has played excellent down the stretch year after year while posting 70+ starts. He was one of the best goaltenders in the NHL last season, "tired" or not. IF this team wants to make the playoffs they'll have to rely on Henrik to play 65 - 70 games at a minimum. They will likely be on the outside looking in for most of the season next year, therefore they will need to put in a goaltender who gives them their best chance at winning a game and that would be Henrik.

People here thinking Biron is going to come in and play 20-games are off their rocker. Biron isn't going to give this team a legitimate chance at a playoff. Granted, I feel a lot more comfortable with him in net than with other back ups we have had BUT lets see how he can even handle it first. Biron played on a poor team last year, played poorly, and lost the starting job to a 39-year old goaltender.

Believe me guys, Henrik won't feel pushed to do his best because of Biron being competition but because he has something to prove. Tortorella isn't a fool, he knows putting Henrik in a game gives the team the best opportunity to win game and game out and as long as Henrik is on a roll OR having a good year Biron is going to have a tough time getting in the line up. Biron will be there just to give him a break on the nights he needs it. Henrik won't need to take off 20+ games to remain competitive / elite all season.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote