View Single Post
Old
10-02-2003, 08:48 PM
fcbarcelona

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
You don't need to offer descriptions when my longwinded posterior is rambling on though.

Seriously though, based on tonight's game and rookie camp, I take Svatos over McCormick. I think Svatos needs the AHL seasoning more than McCormick just because of the role he'll have on the Avs and his size/past injuries. McCormick will do fine grinding it out on the 4th line, but I doubt how much impact he'll make with those minutes and it could stunt his development to saddle him with 4th line minutes for a season. It appears one of the two rookies will probably make it (maybe both), but I don't think it would really be the right choice unless it was just to give the guys a taste of the NHL and then let them go to Hershey with that burning desire to impress and force their way back up. Just my opinion.
it might be necessary to keep svatos around for at least one third of the season. it gives the avs a chance to evaluate whether or not he makes tanguay an expendable asset. i like svatos. he reminds me of a fiestier vrbata. am i or am i not right lappy?