View Single Post
Old
08-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Joe Cole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
So it seems he changed his mind.

I am OK with someone who is not perfect. I think it is part of the human condition.
Someone who does not own the truth forever.

I am perfectly comfortable with someone who does change his mind after carefull toughts.

I am ok with someone who changes his mind too.

But you have to make a distinction between changing your mind, and flip flopping.

An evolution of thought is something that takes time. An idea has to be planted, germinate... you have to think about it. It is a process. Then you come around to another way of thinking.

If you just change your opinion from one day to the next, then your opinion was not really founded in deep convictions and is not really worth much.

And if you are going into politics, especially fringe politics like the Green Party, if your opinions are based on a simple "light switch" change of opinion...then you are what you are, just another paper thin useless politician, in for the short term gain.

So, George, good for you. But from where I stand, I think you are a person who changes direction way too easily, and not someone I would want to vote for.

And for people who just forgive and forget, you get what you get. You can live that way, but you are always being taken advantage of.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote