View Single Post
Old
08-17-2010, 05:04 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Surely you, living so much closer to Canada for all these years than the rest of us, can make that distinction.
DO I sense sarcasm. Surely I jest?

I like TSN, THN is pathetic. The problem I find is that border is a large sharper and deeper that the 500 yards of no man's land that define the actual land the border makes up. TSN and THN have to cover the sports spectrum for Canada. It's good business and because of that they have to provide deep coverage of the 6 teams north of 54.40. Because of this they don't have the manhours to cover the American teams. Canadians don't give two ***** about American teams so TSN and THN caters to that market.

My question for these teams is did they just look at the roster and guess or did they consider team's history? Chemistry patterns? Line formations? They poo-poo Kostitsyn as a risk but I drool over the chance of him feeding Legwand as one of his wings. They poo-poo on Hamhuis but the shear fact of the matter is that he did not have chemistry with the other defensemen. You look at Klein-Boullion, Franson-Parent and the skills sets match. Weber-Suter are set.

I look at what teams did in the Central and I think Defense will be the key to winning the division. Nashville needs to get it's defense better than last year and I'll be honest, Hamhuis will be an addition by subtraction. The pairings will have better chemistry. I still would like a vet who can eat up minutes but not at the risk of screwing with what looks like set pairings.

I just don't see what thew THN has to knock down the Preds. Halak is good but is he the difference to put the Blues above the Preds?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote