View Single Post
Old
08-17-2010, 09:00 PM
Recast

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Recast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterqvist24 View Post
I like playing with players less than myself. If I know I am (one of) the best than I am 100% comfortable handling the puck, making key decisions... basically running the show and quarterbacking things (which is honestly when I'm at my best). If I am afraid that I'm worse or just middle of the pack, I tend not to hold on to the puck as much and not play MY game and instead become to focused on "keeping up" to be at my most effective. Having played DI when I was in school, I'm not often in the second situation, but I know that whenever I'm not among the top 3-4 guys on the ice, I stop playing my game.

When I'm one of the better players I get to control the flow of play and in turn I'm able to create tons of opportunities for myself and my teammates. For example, I'll hold on to the puck, carry it up the ice, make a move at the blue line, drive wide, cut towards the net and ultimately draw a defender leaving someone open on the doorstep and than I'll make a quick dish. If I think I'm more middle of the pack I'm likely to dump and chase or throw it on net as I come across the blueline.

Could I have maybe made the same play as before? Yep, even if it's against the same defenders in both situations (meaning I could clearly do the same thing) I just get it in my head that I shouldn't be making those kinds of plays and should be letting the better guys handle the puck more.
Exactly what I wanted to say.

Recast is offline   Reply With Quote