View Single Post
Old
08-17-2010, 11:57 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

vCash: 500
The great thing about Buffalo is the people IMO. The best description of the city I ever heard was that it's the biggest "small town" you'll ever see. It really has that sort of feel--more Midwestern than Northeastern.

Also there are other benefits. You'll never get in a traffic jam (seriously, no matter where you live everything is less than a 30 minute commute), and I don't know how old you are, but if you've got a family the schools aren't bad either.

The cost of living is quite cheap. Real estate prices are pretty low so you could definitely get a decent apartment/house for cheap. It's a great place to live if you have a job--it's that last part that's the kicker and why the place keeps losing population.

And don't fret the snow. Buffalo actually manages to clean the streets fairly well compared to other cities (even if we'd still moan and ***** about how slow they are...). You'll get used to it, and assuming you're from Pittsburgh originally and hence a Pens fan, I'm sure you're not completely unfamiliar with it. Just word to the wise, no matter how much people are used to snow, the first snowfall everybody becomes the worst drivers on the planet. And in the recorded history of the city there hasn't been a 100 degree day, which makes summers rather nice. There are truly 4 seasons in Buffalo, not like some places in the South where there is "hot" and "hotter".

Plus, if you want the thrill of the big metropolis, Toronto is only 2.5 hours away. (NYC is about 6 by car, Boston 7, Cleveland 3, Pittsburgh 4)

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote