View Single Post
Old
08-18-2010, 01:44 AM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
There used to be chemistry in NHL series. I remember it very well. They just recycle their own ideas a lot of times.

Anyone?
Wish I could help you, but chances are they confused me more than they confused you. I'm ****ing colorblind. It all looks the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I'm pretty sure they had chemistry ratings if you go back a few years in the nhl series...

It would be kinda cool to control your own celebrations after a goal like you can in the FIFA series.

BTW - do they still only offer one commentary language in the nhl series?
And yeah, they used to have it at one point, if not in the NHL series, then the 2k series had it. The problem with the EA games is that there is little to no explanation on much of the finer details in the game. For example, in NHL 10, you'd be hard pressed to find something telling you how hitting a star player with a big hit can intimidate him and lower his stats, but it's in there!

And the old chemistry system I remember was pretty broken, IIRC.

And I agree that they completely nerfed the spinorama, holy balls is it slow. Or maybe P.K is the only one in the game who does it right

And I LOVE that short hop move you can do RB + left on RS (i believe). I don't think you could do it in NHL 10, but it was there in NHL 09 or NHL 08, can't remember.