View Single Post
Old
08-18-2010, 06:16 AM
MrJoshua

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
I hope that I am bigtime wrong and this team just totally meshes and we have another 100 point season and we make it past the first round! Maybe Poile adds someone at the deadline, who knows.

I am just a fan that is dyyyyyyyyying to see this team get past the first round soooo bad!!! I just really want them in past first round like all of your guys do as well.

Only time will tell.
I think we can all understand wanting the guys to do well in the playoffs. I'd love to see sixteen wins from Nashville this post-season. We just have different opinions about how to get there.

One more thing to consider. Yes, it would be awesome if the team could afford a Bobby Ryan or other high-level offensive weapon. But the only way to make that happen is to increase the team revenue, which means to sell more tickets. How do we sell more tickets? Make a deep playoff run.

I think the staff has put together a roster that has the potential to do that IF they all pull together and work as a team. And if they can get deep in the playoffs this year I think it will show up in ticket sales. And if THAT happens, THEN I think you'll see a talent bump in the roster in the form of a higher-level winger coming in.

If the team can stick to their defense-first, build-from-within philosophy while at the same time selling enough tickets to afford one or two upper-tier free-agent forwards, that's when I think we'll see another corner turned in the history of the franchise. Because that's when I think we'll see the team go from a perennial playoff appearance to a perennial playoff contender. And I feel like they're right on the cusp of that now. The depth is there. The talent is there. The defense is there. The goaltending is there. It just remains to be seen if they can all buy into the system and play as a team.

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote