View Single Post
Old
08-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGG View Post
All this impending doom centered around the supposed crappiness that we can expect this year from Pouliot and Kostitsyn. Here's the facts:

- Combine Pouliot and Latendresse (on Montreal) from last year, they scored 17 goals in 62 games
- Combine A Kost and S Kost from last year, they scored 22 goals in 106 games

Piece together two top-6 spots from the mess above and they combined for 39 goals in 168 games. Less than a 20 goal pace. Basically, if Pouliot and A Kost score 39 goals between them this year, there is no let down to the offense. Add healthier seasons from Cammy, Gionta and Markov, and I fail to see how we score fewer goals this year.

I don't understand why people think A Kost and Pouliot will be our downfall. Their medicore numbers from last year will not be that hard to repeat.
I think AK and Pouliot(or another player taking his spot) will at least match last year's totals as worst case. Best case we get 50-60 goals from those 2 slots(combination of Pouliot AK and others filling it for benchings/injuries).

Cammy and Gionta with any luck can easily surpass last year's 54 goals. Those 2 could combine for 65-70 by being healthier.

Gomez and Plekanec combined for 37, theyt should be around that. Pleks could drop a bit but Gomez can easily pot another 7-10.

Markov-Subban should give us more combined than MAB/Subban/Markov last year...19 G 51 A 70 Pts. If Markov can come back relatively quick and play 70 or more games those 2 could put up 25-30 G and 90-100 pts.

Where I see a big boost is guys like Eller, Boyd, Lapierre, White, Pyatt, Moen in the bottom 6. I expect around 55-60 goals from this group(with sporadic PP and top 6 time for injuries/benchings), last year we got about 50 but a lot of it was from filling in on the top 6 with Gio/Cammy/Pouliot/AK out plus Metropolit scoring most on the PP. Eller and Boyd are better options to fill in top 6 than anybody we had last year.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote